注册 登录  
 加关注
   显示下一条  |  关闭
温馨提示!由于新浪微博认证机制调整,您的新浪微博帐号绑定已过期,请重新绑定!立即重新绑定新浪微博》  |  关闭

伴你一程

Ban Ni Yi Cheng

 
 
 

日志

 
 

【实战口语】第129期: Mean Professor 刻薄的教授  

2016-06-30 16:27:52|  分类: 【英语】口语 |  标签: |举报 |字号 订阅

  下载LOFTER 我的照片书  |

   Brett: Hey, Shawn, how are classes going?

布莱特:嗨,肖恩,课上的怎么样?

Shawn: Well, it's exam time right now, and you know what, I really think I'm going to fail this one class.

肖恩:现在是考试季,我想我这门课可能会不及格。

Brett: Why is that?

布莱特:为什么?

Shawn: Well, it's not any of my fault. It's actually, I think that the teacher doesn't like me.

肖恩:并不是我的错。实际上,我认为老师不喜欢我。

Brett: He doesn't like you. What do you mean?

布莱特:他不喜欢你。你这么说什么意思?

Shawn: It's kind of strange, I mean, I go up and I ask him and he disagrees with me and but he actually takes personal offense to what I say.

肖恩:我觉得有点奇怪,我去问他问题,他不同意我的观点,而且认为我说的话冒犯了他。

Brett: Personal offense.

布莱特:受到冒犯。

Shawn: Which is funny, right.

肖恩:这很好笑。

Brett: What do you mean?

布莱特:什么意思:

Shawn: Like, I'll give you an example. I went up because I didn't get a question on my homework right, and I asked him why I didn't get any marks for it, and the question in the book, asked you for your own opinion, so I did write my own opinion, but when I went up to talk to him about the question he said that what I had written wasn't in the book so I got no points for it.

肖恩:我举个例子吧。我去找他是因为我对我的作业有疑问,我问他为什么没有给我的作业判分,书上的作业是让发表个人观点,我就写下了我的个人观点,可是我和他谈论这个问题的时候,他说我写的内容课本上没有,所以我就没有分数。

Brett: So what's the point of asking for your own opinion?

布莱特:那为什么还让你们谈个人观点?

Shawn: See, that's the funny part. I don't know. What about you? How are your classes going?

肖恩:这就是好笑的地方。我也不知道。你呢?你的课怎么样了?

Brett: My classes are going OK. Right now I'm really just working on my thesis, and it's taking me a long time to gather all the materials, resources, and go through all the readings, but it's going OK, I think.

布莱特:我的课很顺利。现在我正在写论文,把所有材料和素材整合在一起、浏览所有材料花了我很长时间,不过我想现在一切顺利。

Shawn: How many pages do you have to write for your thesis?

肖恩:你们要求论文写多少页?

Brett: I probably have to write about twenty pages, or so, and I have to survey, about a thousand people and it's taking me a lot of time to analyze all that data.

布莱特:我可能要写20页吧,大概是这样,我要对1000个人进行调查,所以我花了大量时间进行数据分析。

Shawn: Twenty pages, that's not, is that double space or single space?

肖恩:20页,你是用两倍行距还是单倍行距?

Brett: That's double space.

布莱特:两倍行距。

Shawn: So that's not that much.

肖恩:哦,那就不是太多了。

Brett: Yeah, it's about 10,000 words, or so.

布莱特:对啊,大概1万字左右吧。

Shawn: Well, I hope you do well and good luck to your research.

肖恩:嗯,我希望你顺利,祝你研究顺利。

Brett: Thank you.

布莱特:谢谢你。

重点讲解:

1. disagree with

不同意;有分歧;意见不合;

eg. She seemed to disagree with this decision.

她似乎不同意这个决定。

eg. I disagree with you on all counts.

你的所有那些观点我都不同意。

2. go through

通读;彻查;

eg. He thought it his duty to go through the papers.

他认为自己有责任检查这些文件。

eg. You'd better go through your test paper again.

你最好把考卷再看一遍。

3. or so

…左右;…上下;

eg. There were twenty or so people at the party.

大约有20多人参加了聚会。

eg. It will be warmer in another month or so.

再过一个月左右,天气会更暖和起来。

      【音乐】英语音频 - 伴你一程 - 伴你一程【音乐】英语音频 - 伴你一程 - 伴你一程
  评论这张
 
阅读(2)| 评论(1)
推荐 转载

历史上的今天

在LOFTER的更多文章

评论

<#--最新日志,群博日志--> <#--推荐日志--> <#--引用记录--> <#--博主推荐--> <#--随机阅读--> <#--首页推荐--> <#--历史上的今天--> <#--被推荐日志--> <#--上一篇,下一篇--> <#-- 热度 --> <#-- 网易新闻广告 --> <#--右边模块结构--> <#--评论模块结构--> <#--引用模块结构--> <#--博主发起的投票-->
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

页脚

网易公司版权所有 ©1997-2017